[Intel-gfx] Anonymoose ggtt_view_params

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 13 10:59:46 UTC 2017

On 13/01/2017 10:33, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Ok, ok, this cover note only exists to continue the run on joke of my
> mispellings!
>
> Everything but
> [5/7] drm/i915: Convert i915_ggtt_view to use an anonymous union
> has a r-b, so this is a good time to complain if this is too much of a
> hack.

If you could polish your clouded crystal ball to see if more view types
might be coming, which then might have a colliding parameters size and
foil the whole idea.

I do think it is a little bit of hack with a questionable benefit. And I
think I asked a few times if you really see a performance difference for
a few bytes smaller memcmp? Presumably it would be some test case with a
huge number of partial views which could theoretically maybe show something?

Downside is if we need to revert it would be relatively "churny".

Regards,

Tvrtko