[Intel-gfx] DP Aux interfaces inquiry

Mario.Limonciello at dell.com Mario.Limonciello at dell.com
Tue Jan 24 19:51:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

Recently Synaptics collaborated with Dell on a plugin [1] for fwupd that allows flashing Synaptics MST hubs using the DP aux interface to manipulate the DPCD [2].
Currently the plugin hardcodes the max number of DP aux devices to look for to 3 (as that's what we've seen so far on HW), but we were wondering:

	1) If there is a way to query the number of devices that the kernel is going to be creating?
	2) Are there any instances of more than 3 devices in the wild today that anyone is aware of?

[1] https://github.com/hughsie/fwupd/tree/master/plugins/synapticsmst
[2] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/e94cb37b34eb8a88fe847438dba55c3f18bf024a

Thanks,