[Intel-gfx] [PATCH 06/15] drm/doc: Clarify connector overview
daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Wed Jan 25 06:26:48 UTC 2017
There was a bit of mix-up between initialization and registering.
Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at intel.com>
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_connector.c | 9 ++++-----
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_connector.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_connector.c
index dd720d4cb4f7..c75ab242f907 100644
@@ -40,11 +40,10 @@
* KMS driver must create, initialize, register and attach at a &struct
* drm_connector for each such sink. The instance is created as other KMS
- * objects and initialized by setting the following fields.
- * The connector is then registered with a call to drm_connector_init() with a
- * pointer to the connector functions and a connector type, and exposed through
- * sysfs with a call to drm_connector_register().
+ * objects and initialized by setting the following fields. The connector is
+ * initialized with a call to drm_connector_init() with a pointer to the
+ * connector functions and a connector type, and then exposed to userspace with
+ * a call to drm_connector_register().
* Connectors must be attached to an encoder to be used. For devices that map
* connectors to encoders 1:1, the connector should be attached at
More information about the Intel-gfx