[Intel-gfx] drm/i915 connector list locking issues..

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Jan 26 10:38:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:40:53PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Is nobody else seeing this? This is on my bog-standard intel laptop
> > (Dell XPS13 as you can see in the warning).
>
> Actually, it's on my desktop as well. So I'm assuming pretty much any
> i915 config shows it. It's been introduced after rc5.

It's on all drm drivers because I pushed a locking change to fix a nouveau
rpm issue to -fixes that needed the connector_list rework. And that's only
in -next, but I missed that. Dave has the revert in a pull, and he'll
follow-up with the hack nouveau patch for 4.10, and then we'll reapply the
proper fix again for -next and revert the hacks. A bit a mess, but should
be sorted soon.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch