[Intel-gfx] [RFC i-g-t v2] igt: Test tagging support

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jul 21 15:55:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Martin Peres
<martin.peres at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> This is why I would rather use the execution time of tests as a way to tag
> the tests. What I want is to have a couple of options that brings me the
> best coverage in a certain amount of time:
>  - BAT: 70% coverage in 10 minutes
>  - FULL: 95% coverage in 6 hours
>  - Stress: 99% coverage in 1 year
>
> What do the tags hang, swap, shrink, gtt, etc.. are supposed to bring to me?

+1 on not adding random piles of tags. Imo we only need two really:
- BAT, for the "is it garbage or can we throw serious amounts of
machine time at this patch" question.
- Stress-tests, to exclude from the normal regression run. Right now
the only thing we can do with stress-tests is have them for developers
to run locally when they're chasing a bug.
- Untagged = default = full igt run.

If we add piles of tags then we're just recreating the naming mess we
have in the testnames already. I don't see what value that would
provide.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch