[Intel-gfx] Pixel-perfect frame checks in IGT Chamelium tests and CRC

Paul Kocialkowski paul.kocialkowski at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 16 08:32:30 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-06-15 at 13:37 -0400, Lyude Paul wrote:
> JFYI: Hardcoded CRCs are fine I'm pretty sure, but I might be wrong. As
> well, put the chamelium in a metal box. The way the IO board is hooked
> up is not really the way something running DP should be hooked up, so
> it's very susceptible to electromagnetic interference. This will
> usually cause CRC mismatches with DP.

I don't think that is the case here, as pixel-to-pixel comparison succeeds
reliably. I also get the same hashes (that don't match the hardcoded ones)
everytime I run the test. I think the reference picture I have is just different
from the one you hardcoded the CRCs for, as I pointed out (font rendering cannot
be trusted, among other things that can change).

This is why I think we should calculate the CRC instead of using hardcoded ones.

> This being said however, I think we should have some better functions
> for the chamelium for doing frame comparisons, mainly something that
> does fuzzy frame comparisons for stuff like VGA.

Agreed. I will most likely look into that next week.

--
Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski at linux.intel.com>
Intel Finland Oy - BIC 0357606-4 - Westendinkatu 7, 02160 Espoo