[Intel-gfx] Question about relationship between intel-gfx-SVM and PASID

Jaehyuk Lee jhl9105 at kaist.ac.kr
Mon May 8 08:09:39 UTC 2017

Hi, I am a newbie on the intel-gfx and tries to use the shared virtual memory which is mentioned in several intel documents (vt-d and Intel-gfx-prm)supported in the opencl library to share address space betweenCPU and intel integrated GPU.As far as I know, shared virtual memory is supported as a part of intel VT-D extensionwith the help of IOMMU and PASID. Although It seems that intel-gfx repo has the source code related with PASID,the opencl library for intel-gfx (beignet) doesn't use the any functionsrelated with PAISD nor IOMMU.It seems that clSVMAlloc is a opencl function for zero copyfollowing the Intel document,but it doesn't use any functions related with PASID and IOMMU.Is the current intel-gfx supports the virtual address space sharing thorugh the IOMMU and PASID? *I am so sorry If I sent this mail to wrong mailing listBest regardsJaehyuk.