[Intel-gfx] [RFC i-g-t] GEM features into feat_profile.json

Joonas Lahtinen joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Wed May 31 13:45:16 UTC 2017

On ke, 2017-05-31 at 13:58 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 03:23:12PM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I went through the gem_* tests from intel-gpu-tools and categorized
> > them into roughly categories "X | X robustness | X performance" ready
> > to be added to the feat_profile.json.
> >
> > Lets open a discussion which ones should go where. I tried to place a
> > single test to under only one category and I'm kind of hopeful that
> > we'll have the ability to add "depends_on" to create super features in
> > the future, instead of placing a single test under multiple categories.
> >
> > I didn't check all the subtests nor wildcard matching with other tests,
> > this is just all the test names placed under some categories.
>
> You seem to have assigned them exclusively to one category or another,
> most tests belong to a few of these categories. More when you consider a
> subtest may be targetting a completely different aspect.

Yes, that's what I meant to say :) Subtests should probably be matched
by another pattern like "\btiled\b", "\bflink\b" etc.

Ultimately there would be a resolver which would re-assign the
subtests:

"Global objects" would then get:

	"include_subtests": "flink",

Which would steal subtests with /\bflink\b/ from tests. Do we agree
that one subtest would be assigned to one category only, or do you
want to see duplication even at that level?

Regards, Joonas
--
Joonas Lahtinen
Open Source Technology Center