[Intel-gfx] ✓ Fi.CI.BAT: success for series starting with [1/2] drm/i915: Clear per-engine fault register as early as possible

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 01:15:36 UTC 2017

Quoting Patchwork (2017-11-11 01:03:20)
> == Series Details ==
>
> Series: series starting with [1/2] drm/i915: Clear per-engine fault register as early as possible
> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/33649/
> State : success

BAT results arrived before patches, yay!

Patch 1 looks ok for the minimal fix. I think we want to juggle around
the suspend/resume i915_check_and_clear_faults() some more, but for now
that looks fine. R-b.

Patch 2 still has a lack of statics on the non-exported functions. But
the names are indeed clearer. I would make the if-else-chain:

if (GEN >= 8)
	gen8_check_and_clear_faults();
else if (GEN >= 6)
	gen6_check_and_clear_faults();
else
	return;

You also want to move the POSTING_READ since it is still chasing the
wrong register on gen8, no?