[Intel-gfx] Issues withddcutils/ddccontorl remote control of an monitor with Skylake/Kabylake GPU

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:50:03 UTC 2017

I have a Kabylake GPU (i7700K) and I can't control my monitor with it using
ddcutil.
It only sometimes work and most of the time spews i2c errors.
I also tested on my laptop which has Skylake GPU and I see the same issue.
The same monitor works with my nvidia GPU and when connected via VGA<->DP
adapter to the notebook.

I will soon provide all the debug logs i could gather, but meanwhile maybe
this is known issue?

For reference I used 4.12 kernel on the Kabylake GPU.

Best regards,
         Maxim Levitsky