[Intel-gfx] Forced push done to drm-intel-next-queued

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 27 14:42:08 UTC 2018

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As mentioned in the "I messed up drm-intel-next-queued!" mail-thread
> I made a big mistake yesterday:
>
> "Ugh, I just messed up drm-intel-next-queued big time.
>
> I somehow rebased my work on top of drm-tip (I believe I did the rebase
> in the wrong dir) and then after running a bunch of tests I
> did a "dim push-branch drm-intel-next-queued" which pushed the
> patches I intended to push rebased on top of drm-tip
> pushing drm-tip to dinq :(
>
> I'm so sorry about this.
>
> I just checked my reflog and the last commit before me messing
> up is commit d4de753526f4d99f541f1b6ed1d963005c09700c
> ("drm/i915: Unwind failure on pinning the gen7 ppgtt")"
>
> To fix this I've just done a forced push resetting
> drm-intel-next-queued to the mentioned d4de753526f4 commit.
>
> I first checked no-one pushed anything on top of my mess,
> but if you pushed anything to drm-intel-next-queued in the
> last 24 hours, please double-check it is there.
>
> Once more my apologies for this.

It happens, don't worry about it. Thanks for being open about it instead
of trying to brush it under the rug.

Did you pass -f to dim? I suspect drm-tip wouldn't pass the push checks
in dim without it. Perhaps we'll need to add more.

Anyway, checking against what I had on Friday, I think it all checks
out. It's of course possible something was pushed on top, but I doubt
it. Due to the timing, it was pretty quiet. So not much maintainer
support for you, but also not much harm done either.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center