[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915: Add a new modparam for customized ring multiplier

Sagar Arun Kamble sagar.a.kamble at intel.com
Thu Jan 4 06:10:02 UTC 2018

Since ring frequency programming needs consideration of both IA and GT
frequency requests I think keeping the logic
to program the ring frequency table in driver that monitors both IA/GT
busyness and power budgets like intel_ips
will be more appropriate. intel_ips is relying on global load derived
from all CPUs.
I understand that power awareness and busyness based policy might be
trickier but having that as tunable will give better flexibility.