[Intel-gfx] [RESEND] drm/i915: Interactive RPS mode

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 20 13:32:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 02:14:11PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Ville Syrjälä (2018-07-20 14:07:31)
> > On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 02:02:34PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Doing this kind of global thing from the plane hooks seems a bit
> > strange. How about just doing this directly from commit_tail()
> > etc.?
>
> We want it upfront in prepare (so that it's set before any wait) or
> somewhere around there (atomic_state setup?). cleanup was chosen for the
> symmetry with prepare.

Looks like we have intel_atomic_prepare_commit() which I guess would be
a decent spot then. And introduce intel_atomic_cleanup_commit() to do
the reverse?

Another question is what happens where there are parallel flips
happening? One could undo the boost from the other AFAICS. But maybe
we don't care enough to protect against that?

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel