[Intel-gfx] Full-ppgtt for Haswell and co, almost there!

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 07:19:38 UTC 2018

To fix the resource starvation issue, we need to make the page
directories evictable so that we can reclaim the Global GTT on demand.
To fully fix it, I need to make the page directory allocation lazy (atm
we are running out of memory even in the most basic of IGT stress tests)
and ideally swappable (but that's less likely to happen today).

So to get the ball rolling, I wanted to show the series that gets us to
the point of having evictable page directories, since it required quite
a few tweaks along the way.

Fwiw, switching between mm does appear to be working. It seems we have
ironed out most of our earlier kinks.