[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915: rename alpha_support to preliminary_support.

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 08:26:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018, Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.vivi at intel.com> wrote:
> The preliminary support protection flag exists mainly to protect
> users with brand new Hardware from having bad experience when
> using Linux distribution images containing old kernel versions from
> preliminary development times. Distro's ISO images don't get frequent
> updates.

I'd prefer it if we aligned first on what we want to achieve with the
flag, whether we want to and/or have to keep it going forward, and how
we define a platform is good enough to drop the flag. After that, we can
discuss whether a rename is in order or not.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center