[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915/dp: Remove i915.enable_dp_mst module parameter

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 4 07:03:39 UTC 2018

On Wed, 03 Oct 2018, Dhinakaran Pandiyan <dhinakaran.pandiyan at intel.com> wrote:
> MST is enabled by default on all platforms that support it. I don't think
> we should be providing a switch to work around MST issues as the feature
> has been supported for a while now. Let's kill this module parameter
> that we also do not test in CI.

I agree we don't want to provide this to users to *work around*
issues. But maybe we want something like this to *debug* issues?

We have a plethora of unsafe/debug module parameters mainly because
they're convenient and take effect from the beginning of the probe. If
there was anything comparable for debugfs, I'd be all in.

Should we have this in debugfs instead?

Cc: Lyude for insights too.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center