[Intel-gfx] [v2 0/7] Add Multi Segment Gamma Support

Shankar, Uma uma.shankar at intel.com
Wed Apr 10 13:20:44 UTC 2019

Sure Ville, I am implementing based on this suggestion.  Basically will expose a new
advance_gamma_mode flag as a client cap. Something like:

#define DRM_CLIENT_CAP_ADVANCE_GAMMA_MODES     6

The new users will set this and we will assume that advance gamma mode paths is active.
If the flag is not set, driver will take the legacy path and enable default gamma_mode for
that particular platform.

In both cases, we will use the existing GAMMA_LUT blob property to send the lut values
from userspace.

Will send out the next version soon. Thanks for your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Regards,
Uma Shankar