[Intel-gfx] [patch V2 01/29] tracing: Cleanup stack trace code

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Thu Apr 18 21:50:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:24:43 -0400
Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:

> I believe it was for historical leftovers (there was a time it was
> required), and left there for "paranoid" sake. But let me apply the
> patch and see if it is really needed.

I removed the +1 on the max_entries and set SET_TRACE_ENTRIES to 5 (a
bit extreme). Then I ran the stack tracing with KASAN enabled and it
never complained.

As stated, it was there for historical reasons and I felt 500 was way
more than enough and left the buffer there just out of laziness and
paranoia.

Feel free to remove that if you want.

-- Steve