[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915/gt: create a subfolder for GT debugfs

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Aug 3 08:27:27 UTC 2019

Quoting Daniele Ceraolo Spurio (2019-08-03 02:09:44)
> The idea is to better organize our debugfs entries by moving the
> GT-related ones into their own subfolder, similarly to what we did for
> the kernel code.
>
> As an example, this patch moves the GuC/HuC and user_forcewake debugfs,
> but a few more files can be moved if we decide to go this way (engine
> status, gt_pm etc). Test updates will also be required to look for the
> file in the correct place.

Quick question, why stop at intel_gt_debugfs.c? Do we not want to pull the
[gh]uc closer to the source i.e. gt/uc/intel_uc_debugfs.c?

I'd also recommend for any future debugfs, we split it between the
debugfs hook and the pretty printer, and spit out yaml :)