[Intel-gfx] [RFC 06/13] drm/i915/svm: Page table mirroring support

Niranjan Vishwanathapura niranjana.vishwanathapura at intel.com
Tue Dec 3 19:07:25 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 06:45:14PM +0000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 08:32:58AM -0800, Niranjan Vishwanathapura wrote:
>> > And putting the cpu PFN of a ZONE_DEVICE device page into
>> > sg_dma_address still looks very wrong to me
>>
>> The below call in patch 7 does convert any cpu PFN to device address.
>> So, it won't be CPU PFN.
>> i915_dmem_convert_pfn(vm->i915, &range);
>
>Well, then it should be done here in patch 6, surely?
>
>> Also, only reason to use sgl list is because i915 driver page table update
>> functions takes an sgl, otherwise we can directly deal with range.pfns array.
>
>Maybe that should be fixed instead of abusing sgl

Sorry, missed these comments.

Well, this i915 SVM support can be extended to work on intel integrated gfx also
with host memory (no ZONE_DEVICE), though enabling it is not the primary focus for
this patch series.
There we need to dma map these CPU PFNs and assign to the sg_dma_address.

Device memory plugin for discreate graphics is added in patch 7 of this series,
hence this convert_pfn function is added there.

Niranjana