[Intel-gfx] [RFC 0/4] Shrinker tweaks/fixes?

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 3 12:23:25 UTC 2019

From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin at intel.com>

A few patches to put my money where my mouth is regarding review comments where
I am suggesting to split up a patch for safety.

This ends one step short compared to the parent
(https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/273593/) by omitting the final
mutex_lock_nested step, in order to see what kind of lockdep traces we get, or
if none for that to be a clear sign we need better tests.

Tvrtko Ursulin (4):
  drm/i915: Reduce recursive mutex locking from the shrinker
  drm/i915: Fix timeout handling in i915_gem_shrinker_vmap
  drm/i915: Return immediately if trylock fails for direct-reclaim
  drm/i915: Remove trylock-looping from the shrinker

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h          | 11 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem_shrinker.c | 51 +++++++++++-------------

2.19.1