[Intel-gfx] drm/i915: Watchdog timeout: IRQ handler for gen8+

Carlos Santa carlos.santa at intel.com
Fri Jan 11 02:58:17 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-01-07 at 16:58 +0000, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
> On 07/01/2019 13:57, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2019-01-07 13:43:29)
> > >
> > > On 07/01/2019 11:58, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]

> > > I did not find that it does.
> >
> > Oh. I hoped that the watchdog was saved as part of the context...
> > Then
> > despite preemption, the timeout would resume from where we left off
> > as
> > soon as it was back on the gpu.
> >
> > If the timeout remaining was context saved it would be much simpler
> > (at
> > least on first glance), please say it is.

The watchdog timeout gets saved as part of the register state context
so it will still be enabled after coming back from preemption but the
timeout value will be reset back to the original MAX value that it was
programmed. At least that's what I remember from a discussion with
Michel but I can check again...

Regards,
Carlos