[Intel-gfx] [RFC 01/31] drm/i915: Convert intel_vgt_(de)balloon to uncore

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 17 08:30:01 UTC 2019

On 14/06/2019 18:43, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Michal Wajdeczko (2019-06-14 18:18:54)
>> On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 17:17:01 +0200, Tvrtko Ursulin
>> <tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin at intel.com>
>>>
>>> More removal of implicit dev_priv from using old mmio accessors.
>>>
>>> Furthermore these calls really operate on ggtt so it logically makes
>>> sense
>>> if they take it as parameter.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure that we going in right direction here, as these
>> functions mostly operate on bl_info that today is separate to ggtt.
>
> That was my first thought too, except they are operating inside of ggtt
> init/fini.

And it does actually modify ggtt: intel_vgt_balloon -> vgt_balloon_space
-> i915_gem_gtt_reserve.

So to me it sounded passable to make them take ggtt as input parameter.
It is not detrimental if they (the functions) one day decide to wrap
both bl_info and ggtt into a new object.

Sounds passable or objection is hard?

Regards,

Tvrtko