[Intel-gfx] [RFC 2/6] drm/i915/dp: Move vswing/pre-emphasis adjustment calculation

Animesh Manna animesh.manna at intel.com
Tue Oct 22 14:04:13 UTC 2019

On 10/22/2019 4:27 AM, Manasi Navare wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 08:36:49PM +0530, Animesh Manna wrote:
>> vswing/pre-emphasis adjustment calculation is needed in processing
>> of auto phy compliance request other than link training, so moved
>> the same function in intel_dp.c.
>>
>> No functional change.
> You could just make it a non static function instead of moving to intel_dp.c

Initially I did the same ... :)
Later I thought intel_dp_link_training.c file is mainly focused only on
link training process, start_link_train() and stop_link_train() are only
exposed.
I thought I may not be allowed to expose intel_get_adjust_train() as it
is not exclusive for link training.
Please let me know your view.

Regards,
Animesh