[Intel-gfx] USB Type-C monitor flashes once when play a video file after unplug and re-plug the monitor

AJ_Cheng at compal.com AJ_Cheng at compal.com
Fri Jan 3 01:57:03 UTC 2020

Hi Sirs,
        Here is chromebook SW team from Compal.
As the mail title, we hit issue that the external monitor will flash once when play video after hot pluging.
We can reproduce not only on chromebook but also ubuntu 16.04.
There has higher failure rate with Dell Solomon dock and Dell S2718D monitor.

We found adding the delay in "sound/pci/hda/patch_hdmi.c " can fix this issue.(as the attachment)
May need your help to review and advice. Thanks.

Here is the issue number in gitlab for more detail.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/issues/318

AJ Cheng
NID/NID1
e-mail: AJ_Cheng at compal.com<mailto:AJ_Cheng at compal.com>