[Intel-gfx] i915 HDCP 2.2 TX encryption on Teledyne test instrument

Voldman, Mikhail Mikhail.Voldman at Teledyne.com
Fri May 1 15:00:01 UTC 2020

Thanks....

Mikhail Voldman
System Architect

Teledyne LeCroy, Protocol Solutions Group
2111 Big Timber Road
Elgin, IL  60123
email address:  mikhail.voldman at teledyne.com
847-888-0450 x136

Send me a file securely

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramalingam C <ramalingam.c at intel.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:02 AM
To: Voldman, Mikhail <Mikhail.Voldman at Teledyne.com>
Cc: Kurmi Suresh Kumar <suresh.kumar.kurmi at intel.com>; intel-gfx <intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Re: i915 HDCP 2.2 TX encryption on Teledyne test instrument

---External Email---

On 2020-04-29 at 18:12:32 +0000, Voldman, Mikhail wrote:
> Hi Ram,
>
> Thank you for your help, in the past.
> We can control HDCP on our products as needed.
>
> One issue on the new motherboard used in our product.
> In this case, i915 advertises itself as DP-1 sink repeater and authenticated as HDCP 1.4 capable device, but downstream HDMI device is HDCP 2.3 capable and correctly authenticated as HDCP 2.3.
I assume this is due to the lspcon used in your motherboard/SoC itself.
Which is converting DP->HDMI. For i915 LSPCon is external device authenticate with it based on the LSPCon's hdcp capability and requested HDCP type. And authentication between LSPCon and Display sink connected to it is LSPCon's resposibility. I915 will assume LSPCon has followed the HDCP spec for repeater.

-Ram