[Intel-gfx] i915 flickers after return from suspend

Arno star at gmx.li
Sun May 10 11:58:24 UTC 2020

My laptop (core m5-6y54) starts flickering after returning from Suspend
(to RAM) or other commands touching the video driver (xrandr ...)

 From kernel (tested with up to 5.7) I get the message:

[drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* CPU pipe A FIFO
underrun

I added a bug with more details here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1872760

but guys from Ubuntu seems not able to help.

This happend not in older kernels, but these have the problem not to go
in power save states. So I think the fix of that

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1863489

causes this regression.

Hope someone can help. For a  laptop it is better to have both - standby
and power saving. Thank you.

Arno