[Intel-gfx] [RFC 2/2] drm/i915: Use user engine names in error state ecode

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 12:33:52 UTC 2020

Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2020-11-04 12:20:43)
> From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin at intel.com>
>
> Instead of printing out the internal engine mask, which can change between
> kernel versions making it difficult to map to actual engines, list user
> friendly engine names in the ecode string. For example:

Nah. It's a nonsense number, just exists for quick and futile discrimination.
Trying to interpret it is pointless.

There's very little value to be gained from it, it should just serve as a
tale-tell that we have captured an error state. The action and impact of
the reset should be separately recorded.