[Intel-gfx] Intel i915 corruption issue Gnome EOG #146

Joonas Lahtinen joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 11 13:57:54 UTC 2020

Quoting Jonny Grant (2020-10-30 16:05:02)

> On 30/10/2020 10:54, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Quoting Joonas Lahtinen (2020-10-30 10:17:17)
> >> + intel-gfx mailing list
> >>
> >> Quoting Joonas Lahtinen (2020-10-30 12:15:44)

> > Large pixmap support was dropped from glamor, -modesetting can only
> > support images up to the HW surface limit. It is a functional
> > regression.
> > -Chris
> >

> Hell Chris, Joonas
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> May I ask if you can reproduce the issue on one of your developer machines at Intel? so we can rule in/out intel graphics...

Chris's reply indicates that this is a problem in the higher software
layers. There is a maximum texture size the HW can support, and
previously it has been overcome by splitting the image into portions.

I think such image splitting needs to be re-introduced in the upper
software layers.

Regards, Joonas