[Intel-gfx] Does the intel driver support faking a connected monitor?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Oct 29 12:32:20 UTC 2020

I use an open source DVR called MythTV. I've just swapped from using
nvidia graphics to intel graphics. Generally it's working great, but
I've run into one thing I used to do with the old system that I cannot
find out how to achieve with the new.

MythTV doesn't currently entirely handle starting without a TV
connected. With nvidia graphics I could specify, within the X config,
the "ConnectMonitor" and "CustomEDID" options to fool MythTV into
thinking there was a TV. With intel graphics I can load EDID, but so far
I haven't discovered an equivalent of the "ConnectedMonitor" option.