[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for drm/i915/guc: Update to GuC v49

John Harrison John.C.Harrison at Intel.com
Mon Sep 21 21:21:42 UTC 2020

On 9/21/2020 13:36, Daniele Ceraolo Spurio wrote:
> On 9/21/2020 12:22 PM, John Harrison wrote:

>>> That pull request used an ssh:// url though. Can you send it again
>>> with a git:// url? I suppose that's a plausible reason why I don't see
>>> the binaries in CI's deploy dir.
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> We reset the pull request with a git:// URL as requested. I even gave
>> it a full weekend to propagate through. However, I am still getting
>> missing firmware failures after posting a new patch set.
>>
>> John.
>>

> You sure you're looking at the correct logs? AFAICS BAT on the new
> patches passed (https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/81906/) and I
> see the correct GuC being loaded in the logs.
> e.g.
> https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_18542/fi-icl-u2/boot0.txt:
>
> <6>[    9.283866] i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] GuC firmware
> i915/icl_guc_49.0.1.bin version 49.0 submission:disabled
>
> Daniele

Grrr. When I downloaded the dmesg.txt it saved is as dmesg.txt.1. So
yes, I was looking at a stale log :(.

I guess the other question is are we supposed to be supporting HuC by
default on KBL? It is running the gem_huc_copy test but we have only
enabled GuC/HuC loading on Gen11+ platforms.

John.