[Intel-gfx] [RFC v3 1/2] drm/i915/dg1: Adjust the AUDIO power domain

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 7 15:21:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021, Anshuman Gupta wrote:

> DG1 and XE_PLD platforms has Audio MMIO/VERBS lies in PG0 power
> well. Adjusting the power domain accordingly to
> POWER_DOMAIN_AUDIO_VERBS for audio detection and POWER_DOMAIN_AUDIO
> for audio playback.

thanks Anshuman! From audio perspective this looks good to go.

It would seem we don't need any additional code in display/intel_audio.c.
In theory, this leaves some corner cases, where we will take PD_AUDIO when
only PD_AUDIO_VERBS would suffice, but these mostly relate to initial
audio driver probe, so no need add separate logic for these.

Br, Kai