[Intel-gfx] [bug report] drm/i915: Computer does not shutdown since commit fe0f1e3

Mario Hüttel mario.huettel at linux.com
Sun Mar 14 13:48:08 UTC 2021

Hello,

It seems, like the mailing list, didn't accept my previous emails. So
I'll send it again:

I want to report a bug. I've got a PC with Intel i7-6700K processor
(with integrated graphics) and an AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6
mainboard. I use the CPU's integrated graphics.
My system is Archlinux with Kernel v5.11.6.

Using this setup, my PC works normally. However, when I shut it down,
the power is not cut. Fans keep spinning and LEDs stay on. I couldn't
detect any other problem when shutting down. Drives etc. stop as
expected and the video is blank. Even after waiting several hours, the
system doesn't power down. This behavior is 100% reproducible.

Restarts work normally.

I haven't yet found any other people on the internet that have the same
bug.

I used git bisect to find the commit that causes this behavior on my
machine. The result is: fe0f1e3bfdfeb53e18f1206aea4f40b9bd1f291c is the
first bad commit (drm/i915: Shut down displays gracefully on reboot).

I hope this is the correct mailing list for this issue.

Let me know if you need more information or someone to test it.

Thanks

Mario