[Intel-gfx] BUG in i915/i915_pci.c, commit fe0f1e3

Mario Hüttel mario.huettel at gmx.net
Sat Mar 13 21:26:05 UTC 2021

Hello,

I want to report a bug. I have a PC with Intel i7-6700K processor (with
integrated graphics) and an AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 mainboard. I
use the CPU's integrated graphics.
My system is Archlinux with Kernel v5.11.6.

Using this setup, my PC works normally. However, when I shut it down,
the power is not cut. Fans and LEDs keep spinning. I couldn't detect
any other problem when shutting down. Drives etc. stop as expected and
the video is blank. Even after waiting several hours, the system
doesn't power down.
I haven't yet found any other people on the internet that have the same
bug.

I used git bisect to find the commit that causes this behavior on my
machine. The result is: fe0f1e3bfdfeb53e18f1206aea4f40b9bd1f291c is the
first bad commit.

I hope this is the correct mailing list for this issue.

Let me know if you need more information or someone to test it.

Thanks

Mario