[Intel-gfx] Regarding the laptop with the BOE panel with ID 2270

Aaron Ma aaron.ma at canonical.com
Thu Mar 25 05:42:21 UTC 2021

Hi Lyude,

I have tested this BOE2270 panel which belong to ThinkPad P17, and metion it in
the issue #3158, even with your patch:
"drm/i915/dpcd_bl: Don't try vesa interface unless specified by VBT"

drm-tip with/without "i915.enable_dpcd_backlight=3", backlight always can work as expected.
log is attached.

Looks like both of PWM and AUX can work on 5.12-rc kernel, but not sure which commit
did it.

BR,
Aaron