[Intel-gfx] REGRESSION with 5.12: Suspend not working on Toshiba notebook

Andreas Friedrich afrie at gmx.net
Mon May 3 12:00:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, May 03, 2021 at 11:13:25AM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:

Hello Joonas,
> It's very possible that it can be i915 bug. What you can try is to
> blacklist i915 module and operate the system with SSH and see if the
> latest kernel still freezes?
This is a good idea. I have disabled i915 in my kernel configuration:
  grep I915 .config
  # CONFIG_DRM_I915 is not set
This time the suspend works fine! So I think it is definitely an i915
DRM bug.

> Also, please try drm-tip kernel and see if it fixed there.
I have tried:
  uname -r
  5.12.0-rc8+
but no changes. The system freezes after the first try.
> Please do file a bug on the issue tracker as requested:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/issues/
Done.

Best regards
Andreas Friedrich