[Intel-gfx] Sparsely populated TTM bos

Thomas Hellström thomas.hellstrom at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 19 14:28:30 UTC 2021

Hi, Christian,

We have an upcoming use-case in i915 where one solution would be
sparsely populated TTM bos.

We had that at one point where ttm_tt pages were allocated on demand,
but this time we'd rather be looking at multiple struct ttm_resources
per bo and those resources could be from different managers.

There might theoretically be other ways we can handle this use-case but
I wanted to check with you whether this is something AMD is already
looking into and if not, your general opinion.

Thanks,
Thomas