[Intel-gfx] [RFC v2 00/22] Add Support for Plane Color Lut and CSC features

Harry Wentland harry.wentland at amd.com
Wed Feb 2 16:11:58 UTC 2022

On 2021-09-06 17:38, Uma Shankar wrote:
> This is how a typical display color hardware pipeline looks like:
>  +-------------------------------------------+
>  |                RAM                        |
>  |  +------+    +---------+    +---------+   |
>  |  | FB 1 |    |  FB 2   |    | FB N    |   |
>  |  +------+    +---------+    +---------+   |
>  +-------------------------------------------+
>        |  Plane Color Hardware Block |
>  +--------------------------------------------+
>  | +---v-----+   +---v-------+   +---v------+ |
>  | | Plane A |   | Plane B   |   | Plane N  | |
>  | | DeGamma |   | Degamma   |   | Degamma  | |
>  | +---+-----+   +---+-------+   +---+------+ |
>  |     |             |               |        |
>  | +---v-----+   +---v-------+   +---v------+ |
>  | |Plane A  |   | Plane B   |   | Plane N  | |
>  | |CSC/CTM  |   | CSC/CTM   |   | CSC/CTM  | |
>  | +---+-----+   +----+------+   +----+-----+ |
>  |     |              |               |       |
>  | +---v-----+   +----v------+   +----v-----+ |
>  | | Plane A |   | Plane B   |   | Plane N  | |
>  | | Gamma   |   | Gamma     |   | Gamma    | |

We've had a number of discussions on naming for these properties but I
don't think we've arrived at a consensus. It has come up repeatedly,
though, that gamma/degamma might be misleading terms.

I've opened a ticket on gitlab to help track this item and would like
it if we could discuss the merits of different naming schemes over
there:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pq/color-and-hdr/-/issues/7

Uma, I tried to tag you but don't see you on gitlab.freedesktop.org.

Harry