[Intel-gfx] [PATCH v6 0/4] GuC HWCONFIG with documentation
jordan.l.justen at intel.com
Sun Feb 27 08:18:27 UTC 2022
This is John/Rodrigo's 2 patches with some minor changes, and I added
"drm/i915/uapi: Add query for hwconfig blob" was changed:
* Rename DRM_I915_QUERY_HWCONFIG_TABLE to DRM_I915_QUERY_HWCONFIG_BLOB
as requested by Joonas.
* Reword commit message
* I added Acked-by to this patch, but this Acked-by only applies in
the context of this version of the patchset.
"drm/i915/uapi: Add struct drm_i915_query_hwconfig_blob_item" adds a
struct to the uAPI and documents the return value for
DRM_I915_QUERY_HWCONFIG_BLOB. (Except, keys / values are still
deferred to the PRM.)
"drm/i915/guc: Verify hwconfig blob matches supported format" does the
simple verification of the blob to make sure it matches what the uAPI
* Fix -Werror errors.
* Rebase to drm-intel/for-linux-next instead of
drm-intel/for-linux-next-gt, as this seems to be what CI wants.
* Fix u32 -> __u32.
* Add commit message for "Verify hwconfig blob" patch as requested by
* Reword text added to i915_drm.h as requested by Tvrtko. (Attempting
to indicate the overall blob ends right at the last blob item.)
* Add several changes suggested by Tvrtko in the "Verify hwconfig
blob", along with some tweaks to i915_drm.h from the feedback for
the same patch.
* Rewrite verify_hwconfig_blob() to hopefully be clearer without
relying on comments so much, and add various suggestions from
* Michal also had some suggestions in John's "drm/i915/guc: Add fetch
of hwconfig table" patch. I held off on making any of these changes
in this version.
* Add many changes suggested by Michal in John's "drm/i915/guc: Add
fetch of hwconfig table" patch.
* Fix documenation formatting as suggested by Daniel in
"drm/i915/uapi: Add struct drm_i915_query_hwconfig_blob_item"
* Updated "drm/i915/guc: Add fetch of hwconfig table" by merging in
John's v2 patch which saves the hwconfig blob at the GT level. I
also added a few changes requested by Michal on the v5 posting.
* Tvrtko requested an example of UMD using the i915 hwconfig
interface. Mesa support for this interface can be seen in this MR:
John Harrison (1):
drm/i915/guc: Add fetch of hwconfig table
Jordan Justen (2):
drm/i915/uapi: Add struct drm_i915_query_hwconfig_blob_item
drm/i915/guc: Verify hwconfig blob matches supported format
Rodrigo Vivi (1):
drm/i915/uapi: Add query for hwconfig blob
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_gt.c | 6 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_gt_types.h | 4 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_hwconfig.h | 21 ++
.../gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/abi/guc_actions_abi.h | 1 +
.../gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/abi/guc_errors_abi.h | 4 +
.../gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/intel_guc_hwconfig.c | 203 ++++++++++++++++++
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_query.c | 23 ++
include/uapi/drm/i915_drm.h | 44 ++++
9 files changed, 307 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_hwconfig.h
create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/intel_guc_hwconfig.c
More information about the Intel-gfx