[Intel-gfx] i915 hangs up every second time in deep suspend

Florian Dollinger dollinger.florian at gmx.de
Wed Jan 5 14:40:43 UTC 2022

My Lenovo Thinkbook 13s-IWL is hanging up every second time when I put
the device into the deep suspend mode.

I put the device into suspend, the display is turning off, but the power
button does not reach the slowly flashing mode. After a while the Laptop
simply reboots.

I was able to work around the crash using the i915.enable_dc = 0 option.
Unfortunately this is to the expense of battery life for sure.

In order to help debuging this issue I would like to submit the
error_state, but since the system is rebooting it is gone as soon as I
get access to it.

I already described the issue here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/4918

Is there anything I could do to help solving this issue?
Best Regards, Flo