[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.SPARSE: warning for drm/i915: More PVC+DG2 workarounds

Matt Roper matthew.d.roper at intel.com
Wed Jun 8 04:42:59 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 02:38:12AM +0000, Patchwork wrote:
> == Series Details ==
>
> Series: drm/i915: More PVC+DG2 workarounds
> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/104866/
> State : warning
>
> == Summary ==
>
> Error: dim sparse failed
> Sparse version: v0.6.2
> Fast mode used, each commit won't be checked separately.

@Lakshmi, is there any way to get more details out of these Sparse
results that pop up sometimes?  When I run "dim sparse" locally (both
with and without --fast) I get success:

        Sparse version: 0.6.4
        Commit: drm/i915: More PVC+DG2 workarounds
        Okay!

and if I do it manually with "make C=1" I just see the handful of
pre-existing / expected warnings, nothing new from this patch.  Any
ideas what could be going on here?  Maybe some quirk of the older v0.6.2
version CI is running?

Matt

--
Matt Roper