[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for Delay disabling GuC scheduling of an idle context

Teres Alexis, Alan Previn alan.previn.teres.alexis at intel.com
Wed Oct 12 04:05:31 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 23:56 +0000, Patchwork wrote:
> Patch Details
> Series: Delay disabling GuC scheduling of an idle context URL: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/109466/ State:
> failure Details: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_109466v1/index.html
> CI Bug Log - changes from CI_DRM_12223 -> Patchwork_109466v1SummaryFAILURE
> Serious unknown changes coming with Patchwork_109466v1 absolutely need to be
>  verified manually.
> If you think the reported changes have nothing to do with the changes
>  introduced in Patchwork_109466v1, please notify your bug team to allow them
>  to document this new failure mode, which will reduce false positives in CI.
> External URL: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_109466v1/index.html
> Participating hosts (42 -> 40)Missing (2): fi-ctg-p8600 fi-hsw-4200u
> Possible new issuesHere are the unknown changes that may have been introduced in Patchwork_109466v1:
> IGT changesPossible regressions * igt at i915_selftest@live at migrate:fi-bdw-gvtdvm: PASS -> DMESG-WARN

I believe this is unrelated failure since the series was only changing guc code paths and this is a BDW test.
Additionally, the warning reported was about a memory-free while a lock was held but the mutex being reported
was nothing to do with GuC while the series being tested is only every adding code that use or depend on
guc->context_lookup or ce->guc_state.lock .