[Intel-gfx] Random submitter change in Freedesktop Patchwork

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 20 16:07:22 UTC 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022, "Dixit, Ashutosh" <ashutosh.dixit at intel.com> wrote:
> The freedesktop Patchwork seems to have a "feature" where in some cases the
> submitter for a series changes randomly to a person who did not actually
> submit a version of the series.
>
> Not sure but this changed submitter seems to be a maintainer:

> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/108156/
>
> Original submission by badal.nilawar at intel.com and subsequent submissions
> by me (ashutosh.dixit at intel.com) but current submitter is
> jani.nikula at linux.intel.com.
>
> For the above series I believe the submitter changed at v7 where perhaps a
> rebuild or a retest was scheduled (not sure if Jani did it and that changed
> something) but the build failed at v7. Also note root msg-id's for v6 and
> v7 are the same.
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/108091/
>
> Original submission by me (ashutosh.dixit at intel.com) but current submitter
> is rodrigo.vivi at intel.com.
>
> Similarly here submitter seems to have changed at v3 where again the build
> failed. Also note root msg-id's for v2 and v3 are the same.
>
> The problem this change of submitter causes is that if the actual original
> submitter wants to schedule a retest they cannot do it using the retest
> button.

I presume it's caused by me responding with a review comment that
patchwork interpreted as a new patch in the series [1], and changed the
series submitter too.

Sorry about that. It's a known issue that I sometimes forget to work
around when replying with diffs.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/87fsfki73i.fsf@intel.com

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center