[Intel-gfx] Random submitter change in Freedesktop Patchwork

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at intel.com
Thu Oct 20 23:47:55 UTC 2022

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 07:20:56PM +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 07:07:22PM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022, "Dixit, Ashutosh" <ashutosh.dixit at intel.com> wrote:
>> > The freedesktop Patchwork seems to have a "feature" where in some cases the
>> > submitter for a series changes randomly to a person who did not actually
>> > submit a version of the series.
>> >
>> > Not sure but this changed submitter seems to be a maintainer:
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------------------
>> > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/108156/
>> >
>> > Original submission by badal.nilawar at intel.com and subsequent submissions
>> > by me (ashutosh.dixit at intel.com) but current submitter is
>> > jani.nikula at linux.intel.com.
>> >
>> > For the above series I believe the submitter changed at v7 where perhaps a
>> > rebuild or a retest was scheduled (not sure if Jani did it and that changed
>> > something) but the build failed at v7. Also note root msg-id's for v6 and
>> > v7 are the same.
>> > ------------------------------------------------
>> > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/108091/
>> >
>> > Original submission by me (ashutosh.dixit at intel.com) but current submitter
>> > is rodrigo.vivi at intel.com.
>> >
>> > Similarly here submitter seems to have changed at v3 where again the build
>> > failed. Also note root msg-id's for v2 and v3 are the same.
>> > ------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > The problem this change of submitter causes is that if the actual original
>> > submitter wants to schedule a retest they cannot do it using the retest
>> > button.
>>
>> I presume it's caused by me responding with a review comment that
>> patchwork interpreted as a new patch in the series [1], and changed the
>> series submitter too.
>>
>> Sorry about that. It's a known issue that I sometimes forget to work
>> around when replying with diffs.
>
>I just permenently stuck a 'my_hdr X-Patchwork-Hint: comment'
>into my .muttrc to avoid that.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/patchwork-fdo/patchwork-fdo/-/issues/46

recently closed by https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/patchwork-fdo/patchwork-fdo/-/merge_requests/13

so maybe it just needs to be put in production? +Ryszard, +Karol

Yes, I also have the X-Patchwork-Hint, but the main issue is everybody
would have to add something like this. I don't like submitting something
and then trying to find my pending submissions just to find out it
changed.

Lucas De Marchi