[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.IGT: failure for drm/i915/selftest/gsc: Ensure GSC Proxy init completes before selftests

Teres Alexis, Alan Previn alan.previn.teres.alexis at intel.com
Wed May 24 17:15:48 UTC 2023

The error below seems unrelated to the change in this patch. In fact test below fails on APL which wont excersize the patch code change.
However, from internal testing we did see cases where CI's selftest timeout is lower than the GSC Proxy requires to complete
(i.e. the selftest would bail with timeout because it was waiting for the GSC proxy to complete but the completion came in after the timeout).

So might need to re-rev this anyway with a longer timeout. (which typically takes longer for first time boot, not at driver-reload or suspend-resume)

...alan

On Sat, 2023-05-13 at 04:55 +0000, Patchwork wrote:
> Patch Details
> Series: drm/i915/selftest/gsc: Ensure GSC Proxy init completes before selftests
> State:  failure
> Details:        https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_117713v1/index.html
> CI Bug Log - changes from CI_DRM_13143_full -> Patchwork_117713v1_full
> Summary
>
> FAILURE
>
> Serious unknown changes coming with Patchwork_117713v1_full absolutely need to be
> verified manually.
>
> If you think the reported changes have nothing to do with the changes
> introduced in Patchwork_117713v1_full, please notify your bug team to allow them
> to document this new failure mode, which will reduce false positives in CI.
>
> Participating hosts (7 -> 7)
>
> No changes in participating hosts
>
> Possible new issues
>
> Here are the unknown changes that may have been introduced in Patchwork_117713v1_full:
>
> IGT changes
> Possible regressions
>
>   *   igt at kms_plane@plane-panning-bottom-right-suspend at pipe-b-planes:
>      *   shard-apl: PASS<https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/CI_DRM_13143/shard-apl7/igt@kms_plane@plane-panning-bottom-right-suspend@pipe-b-planes.html> -> ABORT<https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_117713v1/shard-apl2/igt@kms_plane@plane-panning-bottom-right-suspend@pipe-b-planes.html>

alan:snip