firmware support

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 3 09:53:30 UTC 2017

On 2017.06.30 11:27:07 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for vgabios / efi driver support for gvt?

I think yes, we already met some issues related to that, even in v9
of dmabuf series, Xiaoguang tried to expose opregion, but that's from
hw content we should expose valid vbios for virtual display instead.

> How difficult is it to initialize a fixed, simple framebuffer (say
> 1024x768)?  Compared to physical hardware we should be able to take a
> number of shortcuts here:  No need to scan outputs, we know it is DP-1.
> No need to parse EDID, we can (at least initially) use a fixed mode.
>
> Maybe we can even have some registers in pvinfo for a simple boot
> display setup.

Currently gvt trys to always provide a full virtualized DP output
with fixed EDID, emulated DP training, etc. FB size is determined from
vGPU type with minimal type for 10x7 to more resourced type for 1080p.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827