[Intel-xe] [RFC 1/4] drm/xe: Moving and renaming existing frequency sysfs attributes

Dixit, Ashutosh ashutosh.dixit at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 04:12:58 UTC 2023

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 06:30:40 -0800, Sujaritha Sundaresan wrote:

Hi Suja,

> Creating a new freq directory to move frequency sysfs attributes.
> Additonally, renaming the frequency sysfs to align with devfreq
> requirements.
>
> /device/tile<n>/gt<n>/freq
>			|- act_freq
>			|- cur_freq
>			|- max_freq
>			|- min_freq
>			|- rp0_freq
>			|- rpn_freq
>			|- rpe_freq

So apparently this was not tested before being submitted? Otherwise I don't
see how you could have missed the kernel crash and segmentation fault this
causes?

Any case, I have basically submitted a revert patch for this so that you
can fix it and resubmit the patch:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/568348/?series=126683&rev=1

Thanks.
--