[Intel-xe] [18/21] drm/xe/uapi: More OA uapi fixes/additions

Dixit, Ashutosh ashutosh.dixit at intel.com
Fri Oct 27 20:28:12 UTC 2023

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 00:28:01 -0700, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:

> >     struct drm_xe_oa_open_param {
> > +	/** @extensions: Pointer to the first extension struct, if any */
> > +	__u64 extensions;
> > +
> > +	/**
> > +	 * @config_syncobj: (Output) handle to configuration syncobj
> > +	 *
> > +	 * Handle to a syncobj which the kernel will signal after stream
> > +	 * configuration or re-configuration is complete (after return from
> > +	 * the ioctl). This handle can be provided as a dependency to the
> > +	 * next XE exec ioctl.
> > +	 */
> > +	__u32 config_syncobj;
>
> So you're adding this, but there is no implementation for it?

Not yet, but there will be. Actually the plan is to do this:

struct drm_xe_oa_open_param {
	/** @extensions: Pointer to the first extension struct, if any */
	__u64 extensions;

	/** @num_syncs: Amount of struct drm_xe_sync in array. */
	__u32 num_syncs;

	/** @syncs: Pointer to struct drm_xe_sync array. */
	__u64 syncs;

Which is exactly the same as what we see in drm_xe_vm_bind or
drm_xe_exec. So the plan is to make perf_open behave exactly like an
xe_exec which can be pipelined with other operations.