[Intel-xe] [RFC 0/5] Some uapi alignment in response to the uapi review

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at intel.com
Fri Sep 8 20:32:57 UTC 2023

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/863bebd0c624d6fc2b38c0a06b63e468b4185128.camel@linux.intel.com

The most intrusive in this series is the s/gts/gt_list. I could live with gts,
but it looks like gt_list is preferred one.

Another one that I'm looking for inputs is in the consolidation of the gt_id
as the unique number withing the PCI device, i.e., regarless of the tile.

so we might have
tile0/gt0
tile0/gt1
tile1/gt2
tile1/gt3

instead of the other option
which would be the gt_id per tile:
tile0/gt0
tile0/gt1
tile1/gt0
tile1/gt1

After this consolidation I'm planning to go and even remove the tile<n>
from the sysfs and tile would become an information file inside the gt directory.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

Rodrigo Vivi (5):
  drm/xe: Kill XE_VM_PROPERTY_BIND_OP_ERROR_CAPTURE_ADDRESS extension
  drm/xe/uapi: Document drm_xe_query_gt.
  drm/xe/uapi: Replace useless 'instance' per unique gt_id.
  drm/xe/uapi: Remove unused field of drm_xe_query_gt
  drm/xe/uapi: Rename gts to gt_list.

 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_gt_types.h |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_pci.c      |   4 -
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_query.c    |  40 +++++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vm.c       | 129 +------------------------------
 include/uapi/drm/xe_drm.h        | 116 ++++++++++++---------------

2.41.0