linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the drm-xe tree

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at intel.com
Fri Mar 1 18:17:01 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 11:42:01AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 4:58 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:
>>
>>   include/linux/bits.h
>>
>> between commits:
>>
>>   b77cb9640f1f ("bits: introduce fixed-type genmasks")
>>   34b80df456ca ("bits: Introduce fixed-type BIT")
>>
>> from the drm-xe tree and commit:
>>
>>   3c7a8e190bc5 ("uapi: introduce uapi-friendly macros for GENMASK")
>>
>> from the kvm tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
>> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
>> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
>> is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
>> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
>> complex conflicts.
>
>Lucas, Oded, Thomas,
>
>do you have a topic branch that I can merge?

Yury set up a new tree and the patch we had in drm-xe-next will
(eventually) go through that tree.  We also had some issues with those
patches, so they are currently on the back burner. Current discussion
going on at https://lore.kernel.org/intel-xe/20240208074521.577076-1-lucas.demarchi@intel.com/T/#mc0d83438c5b6164eabea85bb3b5eef7503dade84

I'm surprised to see 3c7a8e190bc5 ("uapi: introduce uapi-friendly macros
for GENMASK") with no acks from maintainer though. Btw, aren't you
missing some includes in include/uapi/linux/bits.h?

thanks
Lucas De Marchi